140 Hour Combined Course
Impress employers and students alike with our most comprehensive TEFL course. You’ll get all the essential skills and knowledge you need to be a successful teacher by mixing 20 hours of practical face-to-face training with 120 hours of in-depth online learning. With the help of our expert native English-speaking tutors, who all have at least four years’ experience of teaching English, you’ll be ready to face even the most challenging of classroom situations. And, with 140 hours of TEFL training on your CV, you’ll have no problem finding paid work in France, or even further afield.
You can take the classroom element of your course in venues across France. Check Availability
What is included in the 140 Hour Combined Course ?
The 20 Hour Classroom TEFL Course
Over the two days you’ll gain an introduction to the key areas of teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL). By the end of the weekend, you’ll be able to plan and deliver your first TEFL lesson.
Day One 9am - 8pm
- Introduction and ice-breakers
- Classroom management
- An introduction to grammar
- A foreign language lesson: see what it's like on the other side
- Elicitation techniques
- Using the board
- Functions: what we do with language
- Level checks: ensuring students get the right training
- Practice activities: guiding students in language use
- Free practice activity: letting students communicate
- Teaching practice preparation
- First teaching practice & feedback
Day Two 9am - 6pm
- Drama and role play
- Pronunciation & intonation
- Reading & listening: teaching comprehension skills
- Grammar: tenses and time
- Error correction: getting the most out of your students
- Final teaching practice preparation
- Final teaching practice and feedback
- Employment in TEFL: career options
The 20 Hour Grammar Awareness Certificate
Our 20 hour Grammar Awareness Module re-introduces you to the fundamental structures and concepts that underpin the English language and will give you the confidence to teach these concepts to your students.
- Module 1: The Nuts and Bolts of English (5 hours) Start your grammar training with a look at grammar terminology, word classes and parts of speech.
- Module 2: English Tense Forms (5 hours) Learn how verbs are used to form tenses in the past, present and future. By the end of this module, you’ll know the difference between the continuous, perfect and conditional forms!
- Module 3: English Tense Functions (5 hours) In this module you’ll learn the different tenses time references can refer to and how the same tense can serve various functions.
- Module 4: Vocabulary and Phonology (5 hours) In the final module you’ll concentrate on words. You’ll learn about how they sound, how they are pronounced, how they are spelled and how you can categorise them.
40 Hours of Specialist TEFL Certificates
Get marketable and practical skills with our specialist modules, so you can boost your earnings and better meet the needs of students and language schools around the world.
- Teaching with Limited Resources (10 hours) If you’re planning to teach in developing countries, this module is a must. You'll be taught how to give an effective English lesson with only basic resources.
- Teaching English to Young Learners (10 hours) If you’re planning to teach children between the ages of six and 12, this module is perfect. You’ll learn essential skills to keep kids motivated and engaged, so that they love learning English.
- Teaching Large Classes (10 hours) This new module is ideal if you want to teach in Asia, where large classes from 30 to 100 can be common. This practical course will give you the confidence to step into your first large class.
- Teaching English One-to-One (10 hours) When you start teaching English abroad, you'll always find chances to supplement your income with private lessons. Learning what to do with your first one-to-one student is essential for making the most of these opportunities.
- Teaching Business English (5 hours) This module will prove invaluable if you plan to teach more advanced students, because you’ll learn how to help them develop their communication skills for business; an expanding and extremely lucrative market.
- How to Teach Audio and Video Lessons (10 hours) Eager to develop creative and effective classroom activities? Learn how to incorporate audiovisual materials into your lesson plans to engage your students and keep your employers happy.
The 60 Hour Online TEFL Course
Our 60 Hour Online TEFL Course includes 13 interactive modules that start with the very basics of teaching English as a foreign language, all the way through to developing your own lesson plans.
- Module 1: Student Motivation, Teacher Roles and TEFL Methods
- Module 2: Classroom Management and Student Levels
- Module 3: An Introduction to English Grammar
- Module 4: How to Teach Grammar
- Module 5: How to Teach Vocabulary
- Module 6: How to Teach Pronunciation
- Module 7: Mistake Correction and Feedback
- Module 8: How to Teach Speaking and Writing
- Module 9: How to Teach Listening and Reading
- Module 10: Lesson Planning
- Module 11: Games and Activities
- Module 12: Cultural Awareness in the Classroom
- Module 13: Finding Work